Sunday 9 February 2014

Futuristic cube diffuse in Maya

So this is the diffuse, normal and AO maps all rendered together in Maya using the Maya Hardware renderer. Ordinarily I would use mental ray for beauty renders yet for some reason that was making the normals appear similar to the normals from Xnormals, I'm going to do some research soon and see if it is just a problem with my normal maps. As you can see on the right face there is a small artifact in the normal so it could be wrong but I don't have enough experience with them to be sure. Anyway the diffuse itself is pretty simple, being futuristic I imagine them having quite simple, efficient designs for things so I kept to squared shapes for the most part and had a small colour pallet. I also kept to quite bright colours, I don't know why but that is what I associate with future colours. 


No comments:

Post a Comment