Wednesday 2 April 2014

Finished face paint

I finished the paint over of my head today. I'm really happy with how it came out and found that Zbrush is actually a lot of fun whilst having a lot of functionality. I ended up adding some new ideas to my paint over but kept to the original plan for the most part. I added a lot of burnt skin to him as it just ended up working really well. Below are some of the textures I used for Spotlight painting. Next I need to UV map the head and get it onto a low poly version eventually.

Front


Perspective


Side


Lizard Skin
I used this along with another non-gradient version for the base skin colour and texture of the head. It is a simple image with a gradient on the colour layer style. 


Bone
This was my first bone texture for the teeth and neck bone. This is simply an image with a multiply layer and duplicated it all using the overlay style.


Bone2
This was my second bone texture, used for the aliens crown. I used a colour overlay and my previous version in combination with a new image to create this.


Gums
This is literally a slab of meat I used for the gums. I then edited it in Zbrush.


Jellyfish 
This is a beached jellyfish which I used for the warty areas on the side of the aliens head. I added a red colour overlay, used levels to get rid of some highlights and added detail with the brush tool.


Rotting Flesh
This is an an image of a plastic bag that was heated up a lot. I used a multiply layer, colour layer and overlay to make this. 




No comments:

Post a Comment