Monday 31 March 2014

Zbrush progress

Since this morning I have made quite a bit of progress on my final version of the Zbrush sculpt. The first thing I did was create the eyes as I felt most confident doing these. They are very simple gecko eyes that I turned sideways and then added a little detail to. This was done through Spotlight.


Next I created the detail for the neck parts. I decided on a warm colour scheme for the alien, much like certain breeds of gecko, and so wanted to feature both mechanical colours and some natural colour in there. The end result was 2 shades of grey, a browny orange area and some yellow lights. I'm very happy with how these turned out.


I did the teeth after that. I struggled to get some teeth that I liked at first as I was being to gentle with my colours and contrast. In the end I used a bone texture in spotlight. Afterwards I went through adding darkening, variation and a few lighter scratched areas. 


After this I finally blocked out my final colour scheme. It features mainly yellow, more bone texture and some orange in areas such as under the chin and some stripes along it's back. I also have made the glands a quite deep red, trying to add some variation to the model.


No comments:

Post a Comment